The Utah Social Work Association, founded in 1987, is a statewide organization that values and strives to promote and support the development of social workers at all levels and in all settings. We emphasize the vital contribution social workers have in this community through a multitude of career paths and specialties. Our strength in meeting these goals is due to our outstanding members, offering educational opportunities, and advocacy for positive change in our field.
- Annual state educational conference – Click here for more details
- “Lunch and Learns” where our guest speakers share their expertise on salient topics applicable to social workers in all settings.
- Annual workshops pertaining to a variety of sub groups and areas across healthcare, mental health, and community involvement.
- Free CEU’s available with these education opportunities for members. Non-Members/Guests – $5.00 – Click here to see what’s coming up and register.
- Facilitate awareness of the opportunities and influence of social work to undergraduate and graduate social work students.
- Mentoring to emerging social work leaders in all levels and settings.
- Free first year membership to new BSW/MSW social work graduates.
- Opportunities for social workers from all fields to meet and learn best practices, resources and values from one another.
- Extensive email network for members to learn about job opportunities as well as information about important issues affecting Utah, our nation and the world.