Utah Social Work Association
Join us for another free Virtual Lunch & Learn:
“Engaging with Difficult Clients”
Shannon Woolf, CMHC
Primary Clinical Therapist, Adolescent Unit
1. Understand personal boundaries and know how to set them
2. Identify why are some clients difficult (and how to not take it personally)
3. Recognize the difference between responding and reacting
4. Identify tools to use with difficult clients
5. Understand the stages of change and how to move clients through those stages
6. Understanding the ethics of client termination
Shannon is currently the Lead Therapist for the Acute Adolescent Program at Salt Lake Behavioral Health Hospital is South Salt Lake. This unit treats teens age 12-17 with complex mental health and substance abuse issues.
Shannon holds a Certified Mental Health Counselor License in the state of Utah. She graduated with her Master of Arts degree in 2012 and also graduated Summa Cum Laude with her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology in 2008.
Shannon’s professional experience includes working in a wide variety of clinical settings including emergency departments, free medical clinics, adolescent residential treatment facilities and acute inpatient behavioral health units. Her clinical specializations include:
- Substance Use Disorder Counseling and Intervention
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Play Therapy-Sand Try
- Emotional Freedom Therapy, EFT (tapping)
- SuperHealth-Yogic Therapeutic Technology
- Crisis Intervention
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
Shannon has a passion for helping families and teens become successful and uses her strong clinical skills with every encounter.
Wednesday, December 9th, 2020
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
This CEU will be conducted using the Zoom online platform, once you have registered for the event, you will be sent the details of the Zoom event.
Please email us if you would like to know the status of your membership.
If you are interested in joining or renewing membership with the UTAHSWA (formerly USSWLHC) Click The link/button below